Top Films To Watch With The Kids This Halloween

October is here and Halloween is near. What a spooktacular time to enjoy and celebrate together. Whether you’re going all out or having a lowkey celebration I’ve got some great recommendations for you. If you don’t want to head out on Halloween night then grab the snacks, cosy up under a blanket and enjoy one or two of the movies below.

I’ve separated each of my choices into three different categories. We’ve got the little ones which of course, are the babies who love cartoons and colours. The next is the big kids which I would say is targetted for primary school age. Then last but not least we have a few for the even bigger kids, which would, of course, be the teens.

halloween

Plan ahead for next Spring/Summer and see if some of these fun activities excite you: Take A Trip To Aqua Park Cardiff This Summer

The Little Ones:

• Hotel Transylvania
  • Super Monsters (Netflix Special)
  • Monster House
  • The Nightmare Before Christmas
  • ParaNorman
  • Monsters Vs Aliens

The Big Kids:

• Labyrinth
  • The House With A Clock On It’s Wall
  • The Haunted Mansion
  • Caspar
  • Hocus Pocus
  • Scooby-Doo Monsters Unleashed.
  • The Little Vampire
  • Goosebumps

The Even Bigger Kids:

• Beetlejuice
  • Scream
  • World War Z
  • Zombieland
  • Shaun of The Dead
  • Ghostbusters
  • Signs
  • The Scary Movies 1-5
  • Harry Potter

Whether you’re looking for family-friendly fun or something to make you jump out of your skin. In this list, you will find something that suits all your needs. Make sure to let me know if you decide to watch any of my recommendations in the comment section below. Happy Halloween!

halloween
halloween

Halloween will soon be over and I guess the next stage is Christmas. Why not plan ahead and book yourself a festive afternoon tea: Festive Afternoon tea At Wyevale Garden Centre

*Please bare in mind that the age guidelines I’ve given for my recommendations are nothing but a guess. These are what I’d personally allow my children to watch at these ages. However, it’s important to remember that you know your own child. I am not held responsible for any nightmares they may or may not have.

15 Comments

1. October 30, 2019 / 6:00 pm

We’ve not watched any of the little kids films yet – That might be a job for tomorrow!! Along with letting Amelia stay in her pumpkin PJs. Haha.
    Claire. X

• October 31, 2019 / 1:30 pm

aww pumpkin pjs! how cute is that! I hope you enjoy your halloween and find a fun film to watch ๐Ÿ™‚ xx

2. November 4, 2019 / 5:13 pm

Great list! My hubby and I have watched most of these films. It’s nice to re-watched these movies again. The Haunted Mansion, Harry Potter and Casper are some of my favorites.

• November 5, 2019 / 1:21 am

Yes same, I love these kind of family friendly films! And itโ€™s definitely nice to rewatch them when you havenโ€™t work a while ๐Ÿ˜Š

3. November 7, 2019 / 2:00 pm

I love aliens in the attack thatโ€™s also a fun film for children. These are great films on your list. I still havenโ€™t watched Sean of that dead ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™ˆ thank you for sharing these. Xx

• November 8, 2019 / 8:45 am

Oh my gosh! I love that film! I remember that as a kid and I loved it! Such a good one ๐Ÿ˜

• November 8, 2019 / 12:30 pm

I love it! Ashley Tisdale is so funny in it too ๐Ÿ˜Š

4. November 9, 2019 / 5:57 am

I love these kids film! It is pretty cool that when it come to the holidays, the themed movies are really cool. You can’t go wrong with animated movies. Haha, Goosebumps is such a classic!! Thanks for sharing the lists!

Nancy โ™ฅ exquisitely.me

• November 11, 2019 / 9:20 pm

I do love a good themed movie depending on what holiday it is! The animated are always a good watch, not matter your age! ๐Ÿ˜„

5. November 11, 2019 / 6:48 pm

Good selection! Although, I have to say that even at 22 I would gravitate towards the ‘little ones’ and ‘big kids’ sections!

Jas xx

• November 11, 2019 / 9:19 pm

Each to their own for sure! I like a good mixture by the little ones are great even for me! ๐Ÿ˜„

• November 11, 2019 / 9:19 pm

Oh thanks so much! To be quite honest, so do I! I love all these films and tend to watch them all year round too ๐Ÿ˜ thanks for reading!

6. November 12, 2019 / 2:22 am

Some amazing suggestions here! I know Halloween has gone now but I need to rewatch some of these! Labyrinth and Caspar were some of my favourites as a kid x

Sophie

• November 13, 2019 / 9:08 am

Oh they were the best werenโ€™t they! Tbh I watch most of these all year round anyway ๐Ÿ˜โค๏ธ